The Hanover Band Foundation
The Hanover Band is supported by The Hanover Band Foundation.
The Foundation’s charitable objectives are to educate and inform the public in the performance practices of the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries, via concerts and outreach programmes which are undertaken through the following activities:
- Expanding educational projects that link historical events and inventions with music. Such projects, under the generic title ‘Nurturing the Next Generation’, give opportunities to young students to engage in tutorials, courses and performances with members of The Hanover Band;
- Encouraging attendance at concerts by children and young adults through a subsidised ticket scheme, and, where practicable, encouraging young students to attend rehearsals and engage with the players on a one-to-one basis;
- Organising regular courses and workshops in music of the 17th-19th centuries for our audiences;
- Performing baroque and classical repertoire in key supported communities in London and the South East;
- The development of The Hanover Band record label, firstly by licensing The Hanover Band recordings from the back catalogue and also through recordings for release on the new label;
- Developing further The Hanover Band as an organisation of artistic excellence and ambitious vision.
Howell James CBE (Chair), Hilary Birch,
Ken Bodfish OBE, David Cooper, Dr John Godfrey,
Stephen Neiman – Clerk to the Foundation
Tarrant Place, 65 Tarrant Street, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9DJ
Tel: 01903 889996
Registered Charity No 1138061